Our House is Home:
Rehab for Mothers
Sojourner House provides inpatient, residential treatment to mothers with substance use disorder. Located in East Liberty, Sojourner House provides 24/7 residential rehabilitation services for 14 families at any given time. Mothers can bring three children with them and stay up to six months while receiving intensive treatment for their substance use disorder.
Sojourner House is the only treatment program in Allegheny County that provides each family with their own apartment for the duration of the mother’s treatment. Starting here, mothers and children experience the joys and challenges of living as an independent, substance-free family while surrounded by round-the-clock support.
Sojourner House shall ensure the availability of preferential treatment to pregnant women. Priority is given to women as follows: (a) pregnant injection-drug users; (b) pregnant substance users; (c) injection-drug users; and (d) all others.
To be eligible, a woman must:
- Be 18 years or older
- Have at least one child aged 12 years or younger
- Be actively seeking custody of a child or be pregnant
- Be dedicated to working on recovery and willing to meet program requirements
Key program elements:
- A maximum six month stay in an individual apartment
- Evidence-based gender-responsive treatment
- Individual, group & family counseling
- Children’s programming
- Linkages to community resources